WARNING SIGNS THAT YOUR CONTRACTOR MAY NOT BE LICENSED
Here are 8 red flags when dealing with contractors:
Unfortunately, not everyone who claims to be a contractor is legitimate. here are 8 warning signs to look for to tell if the person you are dealing with is a licensed contractor.
1. If they are not willing to put a contract in writing.
2. If they ask you to obtain the permit.
3. If they request a large down payment before work begins, payment in cash or that a check be made out in cash.
4. If they cannot provide you with proof of insurance.
5/ If they say they're licensed, but can't or won't provide a copy of the license.
6. If they don't display a license number on advertisements, business cards, vehicle, contracts, etc.
7. If they're only willing to work at night and/or weekends.
8. If they tell you a permit is not necessary. Call (813) 272-5600 or check our work exempt from permits to determine whether we require a permit.